Discover Danielle's journey of fulfilling her lifelong ambition to work in the legal profession and her experience of working and learning with Hughes Paddison.
An amazing year of FUN-draising for Hollie Gazzard Trust
2022 was an action-packed year for Hughes Paddison full of exciting fundraising activities and events. Dedicated fundraisers from Hughes Paddison devoted their time and lots of energy to raising much needed funds for the Hollie Gazzard Trust. There was a huge feeling of camaraderie when getting ‘stuck in’ with the various activities organised by the amazing team at Hollie Gazzard and we also helped to raise much needed funds in the process.
Our Hollie Gazzard highlights include:
- Charity launch event. Nick Gazzard gave an insightful talk about the Trust and the work that they do at the Hughes Paddison offices.
- Walk for Hollie. We started our fundraising efforts in May by joining enthusiastic walkers on a trail around Hollie's hometown of Gloucester.
- Cheltenham Running Festival. Our team joined hundreds of energetic runners to run laps around Cheltenham Racecourse in both the 5k and 10k events.
- Easter Egg Painting Competition – Our inner artist was unleashed in our Easter Egg Painting Competition.
- June Bake Sale – June saw budding bakers get out their rolling-pins and put on their pinnies to bake an assortment of delicious treats including G&T drizzle cake and Twix Rocky Road.
- Purple Hollie Day. Friday 8th July, was fabulously sunny, when we all remembered Hollie on her birthday by wearing purple and selling delicious cakes and bakes at the Hughes Paddison offices.
- Annual Golf Day. We joined other local businesses for a fun day of Golf organised by the team at Kirby Knott Financial Planning Ltd.
- Halloween Craft Event. Our Halloween Craft event really fired the imaginations of our team, from Partner themed pumpkins to sweet Halloween treats.
- Hollie Gazzard Ball. In November, we enjoyed an evening of delicious food, fun and fundraising, plus meeting lots of other like-minded local businesses all coming together to raise money for a very worthwhile cause.
- Christmas Jumper Day. Finally, December saw our last fundraising event with our Annual Christmas Jumper Day.
There’s been loads of positive feedback from everyone who took part, from being able to do something for the local community, working together as a team and also learning more about the great work that The Hollie Gazzard Trust do.
A massive thank you to all our amazing employees who joined in, donated and supported our fundraising efforts. We are pleased to say we raised £2,321.04 plus all the other generous contributions made by attending organised fundraising events throughout the year. Here's a reminder of some of the great activities our Fundraising Committee helped to organise...
How to get involved
We would wholeheartedly recommend the Hollie Gazzard Trust, as your Charity of the Year. Everyone was so kind, generous, encouraging and supportive. If this is something you’d be interested in learning more about please visit their fundraising pages. https://holliegazzard.org/fundraising-2-2/
Why not join in one of their organised events? Their annual Walk4Hollie, event is a 5 mile walk around the Gloucester area, which is coming soon on Sunday 14th May.