As a firm, we are proud of our people, their achievements, and the exceptional level of professional service that they deliver for our clients.
We believe in sharing rewards, in supporting each other, and actively encouraging opportunities to develop. We respect individuality and recognise that talents and personalities are many and varied. Whilst expecting commitment to the highest levels of client care and professional service, we also want people to enjoy what they do with a large measure of fun and good humour.
Whether you are looking for a career in secretarial, legal or other specialist areas of our business, if you thrive on the freedom to fulfil your potential within a supportive, friendly team, then give us a call on 01242 574244 or send us an email. Details of any specific current vacancies will be listed on this page.
For details of the Hughes Paddison Training Contract Programme, please click here.
Role: Litigation Solicitor
We are looking for an experienced solicitor to join our busy, friendly litigation department. You will need to have around 3-6 years’ PQE, preferably want to work full time (although we will consider part time for the right candidate), and be enthusiastic about joining the team and getting stuck in to a varied and interesting caseload.
Experience is required in general civil/commercial litigation, property litigation and contentious probate. You will be working with a team of 7, assisting the 2 Directors on large matters, handling your own caseload, and helping to supervise the department’s junior and trainee solicitors. This is an opportunity to become a vital part of the team, with good career prospects in a progressive, exciting firm.
An attractive package is on offer, including generous holidays, non-contractual flexi-time, a competitive salary, and all the usual perks.
If you think that you have the necessary experience, and this opportunity is of interest to you, please contact our Office Manager, Teresa Dalton, by post to 10 Royal Crescent, Cheltenham, GL50 3DA or by email with your CV and covering letter.
Part-time – 3 days per week
Salary – Dependent upon experience
Based in Cheltenham
- Reporting to the Company COLP
- Review and develop policies, controls and procedures
- Ensure that all employees develop a risk aware culture. This will include assessing new work opportunities and considering
- external threats e.g. CyberCrime
- Ensure that all employees, fee earners and support staff are kept up to date with regulatory changes and best practice
- Use the Company practice management systems to help ensure best practice
Key Requirements and Technical Ability
- You will be a Solicitor with at least 5 years PQE or a FCILEx with appropriate compliance experience.
- You must have and maintain a full working knowledge of SRA Regulations, SRA accounts rules, Money Laundering Regulations 2017, and other relevant legislation.
- have comprehensive knowledge of and be experienced in AML, risk and compliance
- be able to motivate, influence and mentor
- be able to manage your own workload
- be enthusiastic and able to work in a team
- have strong organisational abilities
- have a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- be proficient in IT.
An attractive benefits package is offered.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please contact Nigel Ledger, Practice Manager, Hughes Paddison Solicitors either by email or by telephoning him on 01242 586858 if you would like an informal discussion about the opportunity.
Role: Office Assistant / Part-time Receptionist
We are seeking an Office Assistant/Receptionist to join our team, working full time in our Administration Department (8.45am to 5.15pm). The successful candidate will be working in a busy environment and will be used to multi-tasking. Office Assistant duties will include photocopying, scanning, dealing with post, handling confidential information and providing general administration support for our fee earning departments. You will work as a Receptionist daily from 2.45pm to 5.15pm, with occasional full days where holiday cover is required.
An attractive package is on offer, including generous holidays, and there is an opportunity to gain valuable experience within a professional and progressive organisation. The successful candidate will be well-supported within our friendly team.
If you think that you have the necessary experience and this opportunity could be of interest to you, then please contact Helen Prockter, by email or post to 10 Royal Crescent, Cheltenham, GL50 3DA with your CV and covering letter.