Family Mediation Week 2024
- AuthorJennifer Allen
Family Mediation Week is organised by the Family Mediation Counsel Please click on the link to find out more information about Mediation and Mediation Week. It is not only a source of information for practitioners but clients as well.
Given it is mediation week this week, we wanted to take this opportunity to raise awareness for our readers/clients. We have qualified family mediators at Hughes Paddison, Jennifer Allen and Jane Brothwood who can both offer mediation services to separating couples.
Highlighting the advantages of mediation for families going through separation, our aim is to encourage a collaborative approach for separating families hoping to avoid court and who would prefer to work with one another to reach a resolution for the benefit of all involved.
Mediation provides valuable advantages for families going through separation:
- Empowering Experience: It empowers you to make well-informed decisions about your family's future.
- Cost-Effective Resolution: By avoiding lengthy court battles, mediation can help you save on legal expenses.
- Child-Centric Approach: Through Child Inclusive Mediation, we ensure that your child's perspective is acknowledged and valued.
- Beneficial for Children: Mediation fosters a collaborative environment, allowing children to witness their parents working together to address issues.
- Confidentiality Assured: Our strict code of practice ensures the confidentiality of your information throughout the mediation process.
- Flexible Timelines: You have the freedom to set the pace, avoiding rigid timetables that may restrict your decisions.
- Swift Resolutions: Mediation facilitates quicker outcomes, adapting to participants' preferences and providing the flexibility of not being tied to strict schedules.
Both Jennifer and Jane encourage separating couples to think of family mediation as a way of reaching a resolution, helping them take control of their respective futures, making decisions together and ensure that they have a positive future for their family.
Should you have any enquiries please contact Jennifer Allen in our family team as to how mediation may work for you.
The information contained on this page has been prepared for the purpose of this blog/article only. The content should not be regarded at any time as a substitute for taking legal advice.