Rachel is an Owner/Director, and Head of the Litigation Department. She is also a Specialist Deputy District Judge of the Business and Property Courts, sitting in the High Court District Registry in Birmingham. She was appointed a Judge in 2013, and since then has combined a part-time judicial role with her busy practice as a solicitor. This has provided her and her clients with an invaluable insight into litigation from the other side of the judicial bench, ensuring clients’ cases are put before the courts in the most advantageous way possible.
Rachel specialises in commercial and civil litigation, and has over 24 years’ experience under her belt. Her clients are based all over the UK, and her practice area is broad, assisting businesses of all sizes, as well as individuals and families.
Some examples of the issues on which she advises are:
• In relation to companies – director, shareholder and partner disputes; unfair prejudice petitions and derivative claims; directors’ disqualification proceedings; and the myriad problems that can arise between those running businesses and their partners, employees and customers.
• In relation to estates and elderly persons - capacity issues; contested Court of Protection proceedings; contested wills; Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants Act) claims; disputes between executors and families/beneficiaries; trusts and foundations disputes (UK and overseas).
• Professional negligence claims, particularly those against solicitors, accountants/auditors, architects, and financial advisers.
• Breach of contract claims, particularly in the manufacturing and building/construction industries.
• Intellectual property protection and remedies, including trademark infringement and passing off actions.
Rachel works alongside Property Litigation specialist, Andrew Turner (Director), and together they are assisted in the department by a team of qualified fee earners and support staff.
If a dispute has arisen, or you fear one is likely to, and you need expert assistance, please contact us. Our broad and significant experience means we are very likely to have dealt with such issues before, and will be able to provide informed and practical advice, to help you resolve your current difficulties.