As a member of Resolution and the Family Mediation Counsel, Jennifer Allen is committed to keeping issues that arise between couples after the breakdown of their relationship, out-of-court, so far as possible. One way in which this can be achieved is through mediation or more specifically hybrid mediation. Hybrid mediation brings together the best of both family and civil mediation models and is a time-tested option when considering your mediation options.
Freehold Residential Purchase Pricing
Thank you for looking at our property services. Whether you are a first-time buyer, an investor or purchasing a new home, we are here to take the stress out of buying a residential property.
We will guide you through each step of your transaction and offer a service that fits your exact requirements. Where necessary we can recommend other professionals such as surveyors, IFA’s and property values, giving you access to all the expertise you need.
At a time where money really matters, we always provide a quality service at a fair price. We will keep you up-to-date with all of the relevant information so you can make informed decisions and have complete confidence that every detail has been properly taken care of.
We have an experienced team who understand the stress involved in buying your property. Our approach is simple; we provide a first-class service from our expert team who make the difference by removing confusion and uncertainty, dealing with all of the legal details of a property transaction on your behalf.
Our teams comprise of experienced Solicitors, legal executives and conveyancers who have the legal and technical “know how” to resolve any issues as they arise in a professional and efficient manner. We understand that communication is key, so will make sure we are always available to answer your questions in plain English and ensure you are kept up-to-date with everything you need to know.
Our Residential Property Department is led by Heidi Aitken, Director and Head of Residential Property. Click here to learn more about the team.
You will have the confidence that you are our priority, with our aim being that any member of the team is available to speak with you when you need some clarity and certainty at any stage in the process. We feel this provides reassurance and gives you an outlet for any concerns that you may have. We realise that this is the biggest investment of your life and we not only want to provide that first-class service, but value for money and no hidden fees.
We are proud to hold the Conveyancing Quality Scheme Accreditation issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
The fees involved in any transaction are important and we review our fees on a regular basis, considering clients’ feedback so we can make sure we always offer the best value for money.
We typically work on a fixed fee basis, ensuring that you know what the fees will be for your transaction from the outset. If, during the transaction, there is a new development, we will discuss any change in fees with you and agree a way forward.
If you would like an exact cost quotation please call us on 01242 574244.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter which are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
There may be additional disbursements if further information relating to your property becomes available, for example, you may require additional searches such as a Planning Search or a Flood Search which typically cost around £30.00
Sometimes the nature of the property will mean that additional fees are payable to others, for example when you purchase a new build you are likely to be charged a document fee of around £120.00 by the builders solicitors.
Land Registry fees are quoted assuming that we can make an online application. Sometimes this is not possible for example when there is a first registration. A transfer of part of a title (new build property) or a new lease. In these circumstances, a higher fee will be due
Stamp Duty Land Tax
This will depend on the purchase price of your property. The figure quoted for SDLT will be higher if you are not a UK Resident in accordance with the HMRC SDLT Residency Test. You can calculate the amount you will need to pay by using HMRC's website or if the property is located in Wales by using the Welsh Revenue Authority's website here.
We do not undertake tax advice.
Our fees are fixed, however there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees estimated above.
Factors that may lead to an increase in our costs include:
• If the title is defective or the whole or part of the property is unregistered
• If we discover building regulations or planning permission has not been obtained
• If crucial documents, we have previously requested from you have not been provided to us
• If you require a declaration of trust to reflect joint owners’ financial interests
• If there is a Restriction to be registered or removed or complied with on the Land Registry Title
• If you require completion within 6 weeks of instructing us
• If we have to deal with third party solicitors for example if there is a matrimonial dispute or your lender has their own solicitors
Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided. This could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed. Prices are dependent on the level of expertise required to ensure the service is delivered.
For any transaction, the timescales are subject to change depending on when your offer is accepted and factors involved such as:
- Number of parties in the chain
- Whether you have a mortgage in place
- Whether you are buying a new build property
- Delay by third parties
- Defects in the title to any properties in the chain
A typical transaction will take between 8-12 weeks. However, if any of the above apply, or there are other factors we need to take into consideration, it may increase the time by a further 4-6 weeks and additional charges may occur. We will discuss this with you at the earliest opportunity so you always have a clear picture of how long things are likely to take
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows
- Taking your instructions and giving you initial advice
- Checking finances are in place to fund the purchase and contacting lender's solicitors if needed
- Receiving and advising on contract documents
- Carrying out searches
- Obtaining further planning or building regualtion documentation if required
- Making any necessary enquiries of seller's solicitor
- Advising you on joint ownership
- Providing a contract report advising you on all the documents, searches and information received and the conditions of your mortgage offer
- Sending the final contract and transfer to you for signature
- Obtaining pre-completion searches
- Agreeing a completion date (the date from which you own the property)
- Exchanging contracts and notifying you that this has happened
- Arranging for all monies needed to be received from your lender and you
- Completing the purchase
- Dealing with payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Dealing with application for registration at the Land Registry
If you would like an exact cost quotation please call us on 01242 574244.