Thank you for looking at our property services. Whether you are selling your home r an investment property, we are here to take the stress out of your sale transaction. We will guide you through each step of the transaction and tailor our service to your personal requirements, so you get exactly the service you need.
When it comes to selling a property, there are important decisions you need to make and we are here to ensure that all your legal obligations are met. There are lots of boxes to tick and we want to assist you in selling your house quickly and efficiently, leaving you free to move on to your next property.
We have an experienced team who understand the stresses involved in selling property. Our approach is simple – we provide a first-class service from our expert team who make the difference by taking care of all the important legal details and removing any confusion and uncertainty from the process of selling a property.
Our Residential Property Department is led by Heidi Aitken, Director and Head of Residential Property. Click here to learn more about the team.
Whether you are selling your property through an estate agent or privately, we will make everything as clear as possible. Our team are made up of highly qualified Solicitors who are supported by experienced conveyancers and legal executives who have the legal and technical “know how” to resolve any issues as they arise in a professional and efficient manner.
We also recognise that communication is key, especially where there are complex issues to deal with, this will ensure you are always kept up-to-date and get answers to your questions in plain English.
We want you to feel confident that you are a priority, with our aim being that any member of the team is available to speak with you when you need some clarity and certainty at any stage in the process. We feel this provides reassurance and gives you an outlet for any concerns that you may have. We know property is often the biggest investment you have, so we want to offer a reliable, first-class service to protect that investment, while giving you value for money with no hidden fees.
We are proud to hold a Conveyancing Quality Scheme Accreditation, issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
The fees involved in any transaction are important and we review our fees on a regular basis, considering client’s feedback to ensure we always offer good value for money.
We typically work on a fixed fee basis, so that from the outset you know what the fees will be for your transaction. If during the transaction there is a new development, we will discuss the change in fees with you and agree a way forward.
Click here for an estimate of your conveyancing costs
If you would like an exact cost quotation please call us on 01242 574244.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter which are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees and leasehold administration fees (on the sale of a flat). We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
We do not undertake tax advice.
Our fees are fixed, however there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees estimated above.
Factors that may lead to an increase in cost include:
• If the legal title is defective or part of the property is unregistered
• If crucial documents, we have previously requested from you have not been provided to us
• If you require completion within 6 weeks of instructing us
• If there is a Restriction to be registered or removed or complied with on the Land Registry Title
• If we have to deal with third party solicitors for example if there is a matrimonial dispute or your lender has their own solicitors
Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided. This could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed. Prices are dependent on the level of expertise required to ensure the service is delivered.
For any transaction, the timescales are subject to change depending on when you accept an offer, such as:
- Number of parties in the chain
- Whether the buyer has a mortgage in place
- Whether the buyer requests a lease extension for a leasehold property
- Whether the searches flag up any issues
- Whether buyer’s Survey shows up any issues
- Enquiries raised by the buyer or their solicitors
A typical transaction will take between 8-12 weeks. However, if any of the above apply or there are other factors we need to take into consideration, it may increase the time by a further 4-6 weeks and additional charges may occur. We will discuss this with you at the earliest opportunity, so you always have a clear picture of how long the transactions are likely to take.
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows:
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advice based on the information you have provided
- Obtaining information from your Landlord or Management Company if the property is leasehold
- Preparing the contracts of sale and any other necessary documents; reviewing these with you
- Sending the sale contract pack to the buyer’s solicitor and dealing with any enquires they have
- Finalising the contract and sending to you for signature
- Agreeing a completion date (the date from which the buyer will legally own the property)
- Exchanging contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Completing the sale and sending you the net sale proceeds.
Click here for an estimate of your conveyancing costs
If you would like an cost quotation please call us on 01242 574244.